Wednesday, September 10, 2008

You Go Rachel Zoe!



I have been extremely excited about the "The Rachel Zoe Project" on Bravo since the first time I heard the show was in the making. So, as you can imagine, I eagerly tuned in to last night's series premier. Sometimes I find that when I look so forward to a new TV show or movie my expectations aren't met. Happily, this was not the case with "Rachel Zoe". The clothes, the shoes, the handbags, the jewelry, and even an appearance from Michael Kors... I was in heaven.

But even with all my excitement, my inner PR student came out. You always have to wonder when high-profile person decides to do a reality show, so to speak, what is in it for them. Usually it is, at least partially, a PR move to get their name out in the public more. Numerous times during last night's season premier Ms. Zoe mentioned growing her business and starting her own brand. It seems to me that this could be a PR strategy to take the Rachel Zoe name from being associated only with celebrity styling to being seen as a commodity. Her show obviously won't hurt the sales for her upcoming line.

So hats off to Rachel Zoe! Not only did she entertain me for an hour last night, she also peaked my interest in learning more about she and her new brand. Isn't that what good PR is about?

Picture from http://www.culturefeast.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/rachel-zoe.jpg

No comments: